Monday, April 11, 2011

Welcome to Radiator Springs-A Happy Place!


"mommy I don't have a road for my cars to go on . . . " this is what spurred our Cars Board. A year or two ago I made this train board for him and I had another piece of particle board and thought why not? So we pulled out the scrapbooking paper, turned on Pixar's Cars and went to work. The buddy picked colors and told me what needed to be on it, and then helped me modge podge all the pieces on. It's so much fun to do "projects" with him right now. He loves it, and of course I love it. But in retrospect it probably would have been easier to just google images for each of the buildings online. It wouldn't have been as much fun though, eh? Oh, and then he was worried because we didn't have a race track. We flipped it over and managed to get a two-fer.

Had to start with the cozy cone motel . . . simple numbers typed in word and cut out.  Oh, and don't forget the "interstate" at the top!

We added the flag at the buddy's request on Sarge's home (a picture printed off the internet), and then of course Fillmore needs a place to park!

How 'bout somthin' to drink? Stop on by Flo's V8 Cafe. . . it's a basic necessity . . . with space for them to park and fill up.

Traffic Court is always important with crazy race car drivers right? I used rub-on letters for the "accused" word.

Ramone will fix you up right . . . pin striping? How 'bout von Dutch style? (I may or may not have the entire movie memorized) I used some rub-on letters and designs on this one.


Stop by Luigi's Casa Della Tires . . . have to have the Leaning Tower of Tires!

When you need a little break we've got tractor tipping-just don't let Frank catch you!

And the impound lot . . .

I wanted to find the "Radiator Springs . . . A Happy Place" sign online but couldn't find a good quality one. The buddy was appeased with this and a train track (for the part where Lightening McQueen races a train when he's looking for Mack).



The race track on the back with parking spaces on the sides for cars to park.


Overall a smashing success. He's played with it every day since we made it. And I may have joined him several times. Who says mom's can't like cars too?

7 comments:

The Activity Mom said...

So cool! Just shared this on fb and twitter.

We love Cars too. I have this Cars themed learning kit available in my store that you might like or that might spark some ideas for you. =)

http://www.etsy.com/listing/67524771/cars-themed-kit

Marisa said...

This is so awesome! My little guy would totally love this. It looks like you spend a ton of time on it. He's a lucky kid. :)

Tiffany said...

I LOVE it!

Erin said...

You are so fun! I love the board.

andrea said...

Cute!!!

Mika said...

What a wonderful labour of love!

It turned out beautifully. I think I know what is going to be played with over the easter break!

Becky said...

Laur, this is awesome! You are such a good mommy.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails