Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Thrify Finds


We ventured out Monday for a trip to the thrift store. The little buddy insisted he didn't need to use the bathroom but added, "the frift store has a toilet." I told him I wasn't sure (after all I do my best NOT to find out). Of course we had only been there for 10 minutes when he announces "I have to use the toilet!" Lo and behold they did have a bathroom-through the sorting "back room" up a flight of stairs and at the end of the hall. We finally get there and the buddy says, "Is it scary?" I don't know what prompted that. Other than the bright pink walls it wasn't too scary, it could have been worse.



But the thrifting was pretty good. I got some good vintage sheets, and the gingham yellow on the bottom of the stack is actually a set of curtains. My mom had yellow gingham curtains in her kitchen when I was growing up. I hadn't really planned to do the same, but when I saw those I decided in the first place we move that actually has a window in the kitchen-they're going up! Then we found that awesome mirror for only $2.50! I was pretty excited. The little silver plates I'm debating whether to spray paint them or not. Either way they are fun pretend props. I also got a bunch of books. I'd never realized how cheap the books are at this thrift store: on Mondays (every thing is half off) the hardback are 50 cents and the softbound are 25 cents! And since I've decided to start collecting Nancy Drew and  The Hardy Boys books this is pretty awesome! I can't tell you how much I love thrift stores. Seriously. It's a toss up between that and Target clearance!



Yes, I also have a yellow gingham plastic table cloth. . . . that one was from a different thrift store :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good finds! You found some good fabrics! I scored a perfect twin set of sheets from Goodwill (that are now on the shelves at target) -- they're little girl sheets, and I have boys, but I need a project for them...if you have any ideas, let me know! They're different shades of pink birdhouses (I'm into birds and birdhouses lately).

I love checking out the books section, too! I should check the sales schedules at my fave shops, too! Can't wait to see what you make!

Jill said...

Maybe it's a good thing we didn't go together this time. I would have fought you for that mirror! Good finds!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails