Friday, November 20, 2009

thankful tree



A friend of mine had this great idea for a thankful tree made from a branch put into a potter. Then you could hang leaves with thankfulness written on them all over it- a great Thanksgiving activity. I loved it, but as I was trying to figure out how to do it in a cute way I had this mental block. My mind doesn't do 3D I've decided. It can, but only with sewing type stuff. My brain has problems. It likes 2D much better. I think the only reason I got an A- in my sculpture class in college was because I was pregnant and the teacher felt sorry for me. Alas. So, I had to make my thankful tree 2D. I'm really excited with the way it turned out. I used gold wrapping paper (from after Christmas clearance last year) and drew a tree outline on the back, cut it out, and taped it to the wall. The leaves are light green, white and brown cardstock. Easy, fun, and I read and think about the grateful words on it every time I walk past. Happy Thanksgiving!

1 comment:

Alicia Smith said...

I love the gold wrapping paper. Just looking at it I never would have imagined that it was wrapping paper, it looks like gold leaf or something expensive.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails