Monday, November 9, 2009

cloth napkins


We're excited to have my brother-in-laws family for Thanksgiving this year. I kept telling myself I'd just buy paper napkins-but secretly I really wanted to make some cloth napkins. I just didn't want to stress out about having to do it. Well, I had a little time this weekend and so I just jumped in without thinking too much. Now I'm really glad I did it. I think they'll be more fun than paper napkins . . . now I just have to finalize napkin rings!

*If you've been thinking about making cloth napkins there are lots of great tutorials out there. Purl Bee's has a great post called Molly's Handmade Napkins that uses bias tape around the edge. Cheez Beeper Bebe has 5 different ideas for cloth napkins-all fun. I kept mine simple and just cut twelve 18" squares and sewed two together to make six napkins. (I chose 18" because the length of material I was working with divided evenly into 18). I did 1/2" seam allowances and then flipped them right side out, ironed and top stitched 3/8" around the edge.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Laur! I love your creations. There are seriously so adorable!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails