Monday, December 12, 2011

Christmas Favors


Working on lots of stuff right now . . . here are some fun Christmas favor ideas, more fun Christmas ideas coming soon . . .


These fun Santa Bags are filled with candy, but anything would work. I think red fabric with white pom poms would be so cute! Here's some probably confusing instructions, I'm afraid I didn't take pictures for this one.


Santa Bags: (need Fabric, 2 pom poms, matching embroidery floss, a needle)
    • Cut a 12 inch diameter circle out of fabric
    • Tie a knot in a 2 foot piece of embroidery floss, thread in needle
    • Push your needle through one pom pom and pull pom pom down until it stops at  knot
    • Sew a running stitch around the circle roughly an inch from the edge all the way around doing one small stitch past where you started.
    • push needle through second pom pom and pull needle off thread
    • tie a knot in the end of the embroidery floss and pull pom pom down to knot
    • gently hold pom poms and push fabric together to shut your "bag"


Next up are mini fabric topped Felt Stockings:


Felt Stockings: (need red felt, fabric scraps, sewing machine)
  • Fold felt in half and cut out the shape of a sock (if you want to be smart, I wasn't, make a pattern on paper first and add 1/4 inch all the way around--use to cut out felt)

  • Cut out a piece of fabric 2 inches plus height and the width of your sock
  • Lay your fabric on top of your felt wrong sides together and with your socks mirror images of each other

    • Sew across the top of fabric/felt



    • fold down bottom part of fabric 1/8-1/4 inch (press if you want)

    • Fold fabric down over felt and sew across bottom 





    • Put right sides of socks together sew around sides and bottom


    • inside out and fill






enjoy!

3 comments:

Cathy said...

I love those cute little santa bags. Looks simple enough for me to make. :o)

Hi, I'm Laura Ingalls Gunn said...

Wow! You are a Christmas crafting genius! So glad I found your project via Centsational Girl.

Please stop by for a visit to my blog. I am currently in the midst of a Gifts to Make series.

Be Merry and Bright!

*EVANS FAM* said...

super cute laur, I am totally going to make those santa bags for my neighbors etc. thanks :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails