Working on lots of stuff right now . . . here are some fun Christmas favor ideas, more fun Christmas ideas coming soon . . .
These fun Santa Bags are filled with candy, but anything would work. I think red fabric with white pom poms would be so cute! Here's some probably confusing instructions, I'm afraid I didn't take pictures for this one.
Santa Bags: (need Fabric, 2 pom poms, matching embroidery floss, a needle)
- Cut a 12 inch diameter circle out of fabric
- Tie a knot in a 2 foot piece of embroidery floss, thread in needle
- Push your needle through one pom pom and pull pom pom down until it stops at knot
- Sew a running stitch around the circle roughly an inch from the edge all the way around doing one small stitch past where you started.
- push needle through second pom pom and pull needle off thread
- tie a knot in the end of the embroidery floss and pull pom pom down to knot
- gently hold pom poms and push fabric together to shut your "bag"
Next up are mini fabric topped Felt Stockings:
Felt Stockings: (need red felt, fabric scraps, sewing machine)
- Fold felt in half and cut out the shape of a sock (if you want to be smart, I wasn't, make a pattern on paper first and add 1/4 inch all the way around--use to cut out felt)
- Cut out a piece of fabric 2 inches plus height and the width of your sock
- Lay your fabric on top of your felt wrong sides together and with your socks mirror images of each other
- Sew across the top of fabric/felt
- fold down bottom part of fabric 1/8-1/4 inch (press if you want)
- Fold fabric down over felt and sew across bottom
- Put right sides of socks together sew around sides and bottom
- inside out and fill