Monday, September 13, 2010

psudo Tutorial: Rosette headband


I have a little dish on my dresser where odds and ends hang out. Mostly jewelry and hair accessories I'm too lazy to put away, change, you know that stuff. . . I was digging through it a couple of days ago and made a little connection. I had a left over rosette from making this, and a piece of shiny elastic. I thought, why not sew that rosette on the elastic-I actually had another rosette floating around as well, and make one of those hairbands that have sprouted up everywhere. It was super easy, and well, I thought I'd show you how I did it. I don't know how clear it will be though, hence the post title.

Need:

jersey fabric sewn into a rosette. (find rosette tutorial I used here.) The bigger rosette is simply a strip of jersey twice as long as the little one.

elastic headband (or shiny elastic)

scrap of felt

needle and thread.



1. cut out a piece of felt the same size as the bottom of your rosette.
2. sew the felt onto the underside of the elastic/headband. I'm betting that their is no "underside" to the elastic headbands-but there was to my elastic-and I did the little one wrong.
To sew the felt on I went through the center of the elastic and then up on the outside of it through the felt so that it made a bit of a crows foot pattern on the felt-that way the elastic won't curl. I don't know if this is really necessary-or clearly explained :)
3. Sew the rosette onto the felt sandwiching the elastic/headband between the two.
This is what my completed headband looks like on the back: I didn't sandwich the little one, and I don't think it will hold up as well.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails