Friday, December 2, 2011

Freebie Friday: Advent in 3 parts



This is a three fold freebie friday, which if I'd been on top of my game, I would have shared with you last friday. My apologies. I finished our advent yesterday. Here it is in all it's glory: and the best part of all: FREE. (if you don't count ink).







First off is the envelope. Find the printable template by clicking here.


My take was to use wrapping paper cut to letter size and CAREFULLY fed through my printer (the expensive thick kind works best, but I used cheap too and it works- but can get jammed in the printer too.) I ended up feeding only one sheet through and then stapling three more sheets under it (NOT inside the outlines of the envelope) and cutting out four at a time-which saved time and printer headaches. folded, and glued.





Second are the advent numbers. Find the printable by clicking here.


I used my 1 1/4 inch hole punch to punch them out- but they are an inch around in diameter (I just don't have an inch hole punch). Glued them to the center of the envelopes.





Third are the advent cards. Find the printable cards by clicking here.
 
These I tailored to my family and our traditions and beliefs. It was a last minute idea to share them. Each card has a scripture and an activity. The scriptures found on the advent include the Book of Mormon and Doctrine and Covenants (abbreviated D&C on the cards). All the scriptures I included are about Christ and/or his birth. As a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints I believe in not only the Bible as scripture but also these other two books, and really they are all just wonderful scriptures. The list of activities are things that we do in December and so I just made them our advent. That way I fit in all our traditions, have a timetable and an advent too. I love it. It's a simple way to organize December for me. Feel free to use mine if you wish or to just take ideas to make your own advent cards.







enjoy!

5 comments:

Holly said...

So cute! I love the scripture activities too. Thanks for sharing all of your hard work. I love, love, triple love everything you make!

Norton Setup said...

Nice blog, it's so knowledgeable, informative, and good-looking site. assignment is a great platform that has been performing astonishingly well www.avg.com/retail

avg.com/retail

sasha said...

wow this blog is awesome and attractive contents
mcafee.com/activate

james said...

Very Creative piece of work is done and shared as well. Thanks..!!
office.com/setup

sasha said...

That's is a great piece of art. I appreciate your work. Keep it going.
mcafee.com/activate
Unleash the Future

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails