Tuesday, October 25, 2011


 We had a family reunion down in  St George this past weekend. My dad and I spent one of the days painting at Zion National Park. It was gorgeous, and surprisingly FREEZING in the morning ( FYI: the wind is nasty before the sun gets down in the canyon).



So we had time to do two paintings alla prima. It was fun, hard, and worth every minute!!
The biggest challenge of painting alla prima is the light-the sun is constantly changing and so the colors, the shadows, everything you are painting basically, is constantly changing. It means you have to paint fast!! But it makes it pretty exhilarating, and frustrating all wrapped up in one. I'm looking forward to going back!


2 comments:

Camille Evans said...

They are gorgeous laur! I love them. Wish I had the patience to paint. lol

Audrey said...

Awesome paintings!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails