Tuesday, August 23, 2011

super guy to the rescue!



The little buddy put in his first request: mom, make me a cape! Way back when my friend Andrea had made some reversible capes and I found that she'd used this tutorial from georgia leah, previously puking pastilles. It is a pretty general tutorial, but pretty great too. It worked perfectly. I used an old green shirt of the hunny's, and a dollar store baby red blanket and some felt I had lying around. I just drew the "long neck" (above) and the "C" by hand.  He patiently waited and didn't take it off for two days once I finished it!


He's still wearing it almost every day (and choking his friends ripping it off their necks . . . ) what can I say? He loves it.
Now he thinks he needs to be a superhero for Halloween. I'm still trying to convince him it would be fun to be Sully (the buddy), Mike (the hunny), Mike's Girlfriend (me), and Boo (the sweetie) from Monsters Inc. for Halloween. I don't think I'm going to win. Have you started thinking about your costumes yet?



1 comment:

Mika said...

They turned out great!

Funny, I never thought about doing a reverse cape! Such a great idea ;)

Believe it or not, I am going to a Playcentre do tomorrow night, and the theme is 'super heroes'. Our centre is going to dress as 'super mums'. I got a logo to put on our tops and our 'wonder women' type headband. I have a utility belt with windex, first aid kit, toys, measuring spoons etc.

It will be a blast! Sometimes we just need an excuse to play dress ups...hehehe

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails