Wednesday, June 2, 2010
My first ever maternity dress is finished. I've been looking for a jersey dress that fit ME, wasn't too short, the shoulders weren't too big, didn't hang funny, but that was comfy. I just couldn't find one. So I decided my best chance of getting what I wanted was to make myself a dress. It took a bit of unpicking, but without a pattern I think it turned out alright. I used a white and brown shirt for the top part-cutting and sewing them together-and then an extra large shirt I found on clearance last year for a dollar for the bottom. The bottom part of the white shirt that I cut off I used to make rosettes on the dress. I found a great tutorial for them here. They aren't actually for a dress though so I tweaked them just a bit.