Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Rolo Cookies



These rolo cookies are quite simply amazing-especially right out of the oven and still warm. mmmmm. I spent one semester in college eating at the cafeteria (and gaining 10 lbs) and these cookies were one of my favorite. So I asked the cooks for the recipe. I don't make it too often, but every time I do I wonder why I haven't made it sooner!

Rolo Cookies

2 1/2 cups flour
1 t. baking soda
3/4 c. cocoa
1 c. white sugar
1 c. brown sugar
1 c. butter
2 eggs
2 t. vanilla
48 rolos (a bag has about 56)

Combine flour, cocoa, soda. Set aside. Beat sugar and butter until blended. Add eggs and vanilla. Add dry ingredients. Shape into small balls. Press rolos into center of ball and cover with dough. Bake on a greased cookie sheet for 8-10 minutes at 350 degrees. Makes 4 dozen.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails