Saturday, February 6, 2010

drawing again






three stages of the drawing

Drawing is a bit therapeutic for me. I always tell myself I'm too tired to do it, but it is energizing when I go ahead and do it anyway. I've been working on this little piece for my little sister at her request. But doing it reminded me how much I love the design aspect of drawing. It's not just about replicating what you see, it's about making it better-designing each shape and making the whole work together. Especially because graphite simply doesn't have the value range of nature. You can't get a really dark black, and most paper isn't super white-so it's fun to work within those limits and make it a bit your own. I think I'm going to start doing some more drawing!

3 comments:

Camille Evans said...

laur your so good! i love this picture you drew! i wish i spent more time drawing so i could get as good as you :)

wwwnortoncomsetup.com said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
activate-redeem.com said...

It is a very helpful and informative blog post. I would like to thank to you for providing such information I have also have a website providing very good information mcafee.com/activate

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails